Sunday, July 1, 2012

Father's Day ala Layne

I'm a planner. I plan. And when it comes to loving the people in my life, I plan WAY ahead of time. Such was the case with Father's Day. Mid May I snagged Les Miserable tickets for Layne at the Sergerstrom Center in OC. It's his fav and it was only there for two weeks. And after how Layne spoiled me on Mother's Day, I had to step up. Layne's Mom and sister, Lovey, were to go with him. Last minute Layne decided he didn't want to go without me (I had tried to save money by only buying him a ticket), so he called the box office and secured another ticket. Awwww. What a sweet husband. 


Me and Layne at Les Mis.
Lovey, Mom, Layne and me (l - r). 
Of course it didn't end there. When we got back we took Layne, his Mom and Dad to Casa Gamino, Layne's favorite restaurant. We got a babysitter for Hyrum, Layne's sweet niece, Madison. Then Layne and I ran a couple errands and went to Golf n' Stuff on a Groupon I got. $15 bought us two rounds of golf, 8 tokens and 2 ride tickets (we did the go karts). It's a pretty cool place and much nicer than I thought it would be. We had a great time. It's also where they filmed the first Karate Kid movie, course the water slide is gone now. We also stopped for frozen yogurt.

On Sunday, Layne got some tasty meals and I gave him The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox and a solar charger for nearly any electrical device including cell phones and cameras - another Groupon steal (only $30, originally $60). Hyrum drew him a picture and made a picture frame for him in nursery - and of course gave him lots of kisses.
Hyrum and Daddy. How cute are they!
Happy Thought - Layne felt loved and I, like every day of my life, thoroughly enjoyed loving him! Marriage and being a parent is so great. This really is my new happy.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Stacia!! I loved reading this!! Sounds like not only did Layne have a Happy Father's Day, but you had a great time spoiling him!!!
    Love you!
    ~Celeste

    ReplyDelete